Today I am sharing my tried and tested COCONUT CREAM CHEEZECAKE.
I used all-natural, wholesome plant-based ingredients, which means:
No refined sugar
No bleached white flour
No Gluten & No BS
To make it simple, I break the recipe down into 3 parts.
1. The Crust
2. The Filling
3. The topping
Try this recipe even if you are not a vegan, and you will love it!
ssshhh! Don't tell anyone and they won't even know that it is a vegan recipe.
THAT'S HOW GOOD IT IS!!!
COCONUT CREAM CHEESECAKE (Gluten-free & Dairy-free)
Ingredients for Crust
¾ cup Almond flour
½ Coconut flour
2 tbsp Coconut oil (or vegan butter)
Flax egg (or real eggs if you are not vegan)
4 tbsp coconut sugar
Ingredients for coconut cream filling
½ cup regular Coconut milk
1 can coconut milk (thicker)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
½ tsp Coconut extract
4 real Eggs or flax egg (use 3 yolks & 1 whole if use real eggs)
3 Tbs Cornstarch
1/2 cup Coconut sugar
⅛ tsp Salt
1 tsp Coconut oil
Ingredients for cream cheese top layer
1 ½ cup Coconut cream (very cold)
3 Tbs of coconut sugar
1 cup Cream cheese (vegan cream cheese available in stores)
½ cup coconut flakes
How to make the crust
- Mix all dry in ingredients in a big bowl
- Flour, Sugar, Salt
- Mix all wet ingredients in a small bowl
- Eggs, Coconut oil (or butter)
- Pour wet bowl content into the dry bowl
- Mix until ‘wet sand feel’ is achieved.
- Mold into baking pan
- Bake at 375 degrees until edges are brown (20 - 25 minutes)
- Leave to cool
How to make the cream filling
- Bring the 2 types of coconut milk to a boil (just 1 type will work too)
- Add vanilla and coconut extract (just vanilla will work too)
- Leave on low heat to simmer for about 10 minutes
- In the meantime whisk together 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg in a bowl, corn starch, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut oil.
- Go back to hot mil on the stove and mix a little hot milk into the egg mixture to bring the temperature up. ( About 2 or 3 ladles of the hot mixture should do)
- Then pour egg mixture into boiling milk.
- Stir until thick like pudding, pour into the pie, cover, and put in the fridge to cool.
- If you choose to opt-out of the cream cheese top layer, top this filling with whip cream and coconut flakes.
How to make Cream cheese top layer
- Whisk cream cheese, chilled coconut cream, coconut sugar and flakes
- Layer on top of the cream filling in the pie and top with whip cream and toasted coconut flakes.
***Keep the pie in the fridge until time to serve.